Terms and Conditions
1: SCOPE OF AGREEMENT
The usage of Localads is bound by the TOU set by Localads Corporation. Failure to comply with any of the stipulated terms in this agreement may result in the suspension or termination of your account, and in some instances legal actions if required.
2: OBJECT OF AGREEMENT, RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
- · 2.1 The Localads website is an internet platform where users can publish and respond to classified ads. Users are solely held responsible for the content they submit on Localads, as well as any consequences that arise from doing so.
- · 2.2 Localads Corporation is not involved in any transaction, contract and/or arrangement that might occur between and among users and third parties. The conclusion of such transactions, contracts and/or arrangements remain the business of the users and the third party.
3: USER INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION, PURPOSE OF ADVERTISEMENT(S)
- · 3.1 The usage of Localads Corporation’s services is essentially available for everyone. A user registers on Localads by filling out the provided online registration form, and by doing so swears that the information provided is accurate and true. The registration progress is complete when the account becomes active. The user is obligated to promptly inform Localads Corporation of any changes to their account information.
- · 3.2 The user may resign from this agreement at any time. Sending an email to the Customer Support Team through the contact form should suffice. Localads Corporation reserves the right to a grace period of 14 days before terminating the agreement. Blocking an account remains the right of Localads Corporation, as stated in clause 4.3.
- · 3.3 An entry on Localads, referring to a classified ad, can only materialize/be published online via the following methods:
• Localads Corporation confirms the entry through an email, or
• Localads Corporation implements the entry and publishes it online.
- · 3.4 Localads Corporation reserves the right to refuse a user’s classified ad entry under certain circumstances. This applies when the content of a classified ad goes against this agreement, violates laws and local authority regulations, contravenes good intentions, morals and customs or when Localads Corporation is used for unsuitable purposes.
- · 3.5 Localads Corporation reserves the right to delete the accounts of non-registered users as well as registered users whose account(s) has/have been inactive for the past 6 months.
4: ACCOUNTABILITY FOR ADVERTISING CONTENT AND TRUTHFULLY-SWORN STATEMENTS/INFORMATION
- · 4.1 The user is legally and solely responsible for the content of the advertisement(s) placed on the Localads website. The user is obliged to provide complete, true and certified correct information about their person, contact details, business details (if applicable) and must provide sufficient descriptions in regard to the advertisement being placed. The user agrees to place their advertisement under the correct category within the website. The user is obliged to comply with the Localads TOU and is expected to adhere to these terms when interacting with other Localads users. The placement of duplicate/similar ads on the website is prohibited. Business owners offering items and services are obliged to inform consumers about consumer rights and the rights of withdrawal/cancellation, should this apply.
- · 4.2 The user is not allowed to post content on the Localads website that breaches this agreement, applicable rights and/or third party rights.
Prohibitions for the Localads user include:
• Violating the law or going against the Prohibited Policy
• Conducting business in a dishonest and/or deceptive manner
• Violating the rights of the third party
• Spamming, posting chain letters, and placing ads for multi-level marketing ("MLM") and pyramid schemes
• Using virus (es) and other technical items that may cause damage to Localads or the interest of the users of Localads
• Causing excessive burden on the Localads infrastructure and the smooth running operations of the Localads website
• Copying, duplicating, modifying or distributing the content of other advertisements
• Collecting information from other users such as email addresses from the site itself, or from other users without the approval of the user
• Bypassing measures that serve to limit and/or prevent access to Localads
- · 4.3 Localads Corporation has the right to block, delete or freeze advertisements that are deemed to contain prohibited content (refer to 4.2). Localads Corporation also has the right to warn the user and freeze their account for a certain period of time or permanently and to resign from the agreement/contract. In this process Localads Corporation gives due respect to the legitimate interest of the user. Users’ claims, e.g. for reimbursement for already paid items/services will not be honored when the Prohibited Content Policy is breached.
Localads users are obliged to release Localads Corporation from any claims or lawsuits brought forward by other Localads users or third parties who have been in anyway affected by an advertisement’s content. Localads users must shoulder any costs/claims arising from lawsuits directed at Localads Corporation , including all legal and juridical costs.
- · 6.1 The usage of the Localads website is essentially free of charge. However, Localads Corporation reserves the right to charge fees for special services and site features as well as the publication of online advertisements under specific/certain categories on the site.
- · 6.2 All fees shall be reflected and charged in the respective currency for each country. Localads Corporation reserves the right to charge in other currencies for technical reasons.
- · 6.3 Each and every fee shall be due for immediate payment and shall be paid for/settled using the different methods of payment offered on the website. Costs that may arise from aborting the payment collection shall be shouldered by the user and not Localads Corporation.
- · 6.4 The user shall be informed about new invoices via an email that provides a link to the user’s “My Localads” account. The invoice(s) can then be downloaded from this page. Localads Corporation ensures the protection of the user by sending these emails only to the registered email address on Localads.
- · 6.5 In the event of delayed payments for these services, Localads Corporation reserves the right to suspend the execution of the said service(s) and restrict the access of the user until the amount due has been paid.
- · 6.6 Localads Corporation reserves the right to change/modify the fees for services assiciated with optional features on the website without prior notice.
7: CHARGEABLE ADVERTISEMENTS WITH ADDITIONAL OPTIONS/FEATURES
Localads users may book additional features to their advertisements. Should the user choose to delete the advertisement before the booked time frame has lapsed, this revokes the right of the user to retain or reuse the rest of the “unused” booked time. Localads Corporation does not reimburse the user for any portion of a discounted feature/service.
8: PUBLICATION OF ONLINE ADVERTISEMENT(S) ON RELATED INTERNET PLATFORMS OWNED BY LOCALADS CORPORATION
Localads Corporation reserves the right to republish advertisement(s) on Localads and on other websites owned by Localads Corporation.
9 MODIFICATION OF ADVERTISEMENT CONTENT
- · 9.1 The Localads user may at any time modify or delete their advertisement.
- · 9.2 The Localads user has the right to demand the removal or deletion of the user’s own ads from the website. Localads Corporation shall be ready to comply with this request immediately. However due to technical reasons, this usually takes a period of up to 24 hours.
10: LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
- · 10.1 The user agrees not to hold Localads Corporation responsible for things other users post or do. As most of the content on Localads comes from other users, Localads Corporation does not guarantee the accuracy of postings, user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what’s offered. Continuous or secure access to Localads Corporation’s services cannot be guaranted. To the extent legally permitted Localads Corporation expressly disclaims all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. Localads Corporation is not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising from the usage of the Localads website, even if Localads Corporation has been advised or could have reasonably forseen the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to the user.
- · 10.2 Despite the previous paragraph, if Localads Corporation is found to be liable, the liability to the user or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees the user paid to Localads Corporation in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, or (b) 100 Euros.
- · 11.1 The transfer of rights and obligations of Localads users to third parties require the approval of Localads Corporation.
- · 11.2 The disclosure of log in details and passwords to third parties, including Localads users is prohibited.
- · 11.3 If the customer/user is a merchant or a legal entity of public law or constitutes special funding under public law, the place of jurisdiction is agreed upon to be in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Questions, remarks and complaints may be sent to us through our contact form.